If you walked by the fountain in Dupont this week, you probably noticed the artfully drawn sidewalk decorations. Lots of hearts, some poetry, etc. The contrast of masses of people in suits rushing to work, walking over the wonderfully childish chalk drawings, was decidedly unexpected. The little kid in me couldn’t help feeling smiley and happy, and momentarily considered buying some chalk myself and constructing a hopscotch board outside my apartment building.
- “Fight Club” for women?
- A love letter to DC
- Why feminism shouldn’t rest just yet
- Snapshot 1
- The Claustrophobia of Convenience
- An offer you can’t refuse
- Thoughts on Iran, part II
- Thoughts on the Iranian election
- PSA: Street Harassment, in any form, is not okay
- Aid with impact: Assessing the crisis in Pakistan