Despite the freezing cold weather, I ventured down to Dupont last night for the annual High Heel Race. Basically, drag queens in amazing and often outrageous costumes parade down and then race back up two blocks of 17th St while wearing high heels. It was a great show. Most of the costumes put anything I’ve ever done for Halloween to shame. My personal favorite was the person dressed as the Washington Monument. If you missed it, I would highly recommend checking it out next year! Some pics below for your viewing pleasure.
- “Fight Club” for women?
- A love letter to DC
- Why feminism shouldn’t rest just yet
- Snapshot 1
- The Claustrophobia of Convenience
- An offer you can’t refuse
- Thoughts on Iran, part II
- Thoughts on the Iranian election
- PSA: Street Harassment, in any form, is not okay
- Aid with impact: Assessing the crisis in Pakistan