I was walking by a bookstore the other day and was stopped in my tracks by a three foot tall poster of the latest Washingtonian cover, which was hanging in their window. In case you’ve missed it, that would be the one with a shirtless picture of our president. According to the cover, his “hotness” is the (tongue-in-cheek, one presumes) second best reason why living in DC is awesome. I love Obama as much as the next person and I must admit he’s a rather attractive fellow. He also happens to be the president of our country. I know we live in an era where anything and everything goes and he’s the biggest celebrity of them all (someone cue up the Paris Hilton attack ad) but I can’t be the only one who finds this a touch declasse.
- “Fight Club” for women?
- A love letter to DC
- Why feminism shouldn’t rest just yet
- Snapshot 1
- The Claustrophobia of Convenience
- An offer you can’t refuse
- Thoughts on Iran, part II
- Thoughts on the Iranian election
- PSA: Street Harassment, in any form, is not okay
- Aid with impact: Assessing the crisis in Pakistan